Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2020
“Kindred” sets up as a mash up of “Get Out!” and “Rosemary’s Baby,” with its pregnant Black woman trapped on the Scottish estate of the father of her child. It’s not nearly as paranoid or supernatural as all that. The … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Romania grapples with a tragedy that exposes “Collective” guilt and responsibility
One can’t watch the Romanian documentary “Collective (Colectiv)” without feeling as if the film is a snapshot of America’s future. A kleptocracy run amok, corruption spreading up and down the bureaucratic ladder, a tragedy that exposes a rotten system overwhelmed … Continue reading
Comic-of-the-political-moment Sarah Cooper riffs through her Trump-lip-syncing repertoire and her Twitter friends list with her Netflix sketch show, “Everything’s Fine.” Playing herself as an embattled morning show hostess — the show is called “Everything’s Fine” — she shows the camera … Continue reading
Sofia Carson, Alexandra Dadarrio, Craig Robinson and Peter Stomare cope. A Michael Bay production? Looks…large.