Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2020
“Kindred” sets up as a mash up of “Get Out!” and “Rosemary’s Baby,” with its pregnant Black woman trapped on the Scottish estate of the father of her child. It’s not nearly as paranoid or supernatural as all that. The … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Romania grapples with a tragedy that exposes “Collective” guilt and responsibility
One can’t watch the Romanian documentary “Collective (Colectiv)” without feeling as if the film is a snapshot of America’s future. A kleptocracy run amok, corruption spreading up and down the bureaucratic ladder, a tragedy that exposes a rotten system overwhelmed … Continue reading
Comic-of-the-political-moment Sarah Cooper riffs through her Trump-lip-syncing repertoire and her Twitter friends list with her Netflix sketch show, “Everything’s Fine.” Playing herself as an embattled morning show hostess — the show is called “Everything’s Fine” — she shows the camera … Continue reading
Sofia Carson, Alexandra Dadarrio, Craig Robinson and Peter Stomare cope. A Michael Bay production? Looks…large.