Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2020
“Kindred” sets up as a mash up of “Get Out!” and “Rosemary’s Baby,” with its pregnant Black woman trapped on the Scottish estate of the father of her child. It’s not nearly as paranoid or supernatural as all that. The … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Romania grapples with a tragedy that exposes “Collective” guilt and responsibility
One can’t watch the Romanian documentary “Collective (Colectiv)” without feeling as if the film is a snapshot of America’s future. A kleptocracy run amok, corruption spreading up and down the bureaucratic ladder, a tragedy that exposes a rotten system overwhelmed … Continue reading
Comic-of-the-political-moment Sarah Cooper riffs through her Trump-lip-syncing repertoire and her Twitter friends list with her Netflix sketch show, “Everything’s Fine.” Playing herself as an embattled morning show hostess — the show is called “Everything’s Fine” — she shows the camera … Continue reading
Sofia Carson, Alexandra Dadarrio, Craig Robinson and Peter Stomare cope. A Michael Bay production? Looks…large.