Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 27, 2020
Some filmmakers lay their stories and themes out for your passive consumption, some make you “work for it,” and some…are Dana Ziyasheva. Her “Greatland” is a sort of pandemic and death of democracy satire that one suspects makes more sense … Continue reading
A Dec. 1 music doc about The Pogues? Julian Temple directed? Johnny Depp “presents?” Time to stock up on the Guinness then.
It’s been thirty years since the earth shook in the remote desert Southwest, since giant worms hunted by sensing human footsteps, since gun nut survivalists proved to be a town’s salvation. “Tremors” inspired half a dozen sequels and even a … Continue reading
“Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story” is a slow motion train wreck about a slow-motion train wreck of a basketballer. That doesn’t mean that this story of a Brooklyn playground “legend” who never got out of his own way when it … Continue reading
The Big Guy makes a movie for Netflix , slated to stream Dec. 23. Looks bleak.
A little cartoon theology coming to Disney+ on Christmas Day.