Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 27, 2020
Some filmmakers lay their stories and themes out for your passive consumption, some make you “work for it,” and some…are Dana Ziyasheva. Her “Greatland” is a sort of pandemic and death of democracy satire that one suspects makes more sense … Continue reading
A Dec. 1 music doc about The Pogues? Julian Temple directed? Johnny Depp “presents?” Time to stock up on the Guinness then.
It’s been thirty years since the earth shook in the remote desert Southwest, since giant worms hunted by sensing human footsteps, since gun nut survivalists proved to be a town’s salvation. “Tremors” inspired half a dozen sequels and even a … Continue reading
“Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story” is a slow motion train wreck about a slow-motion train wreck of a basketballer. That doesn’t mean that this story of a Brooklyn playground “legend” who never got out of his own way when it … Continue reading
The Big Guy makes a movie for Netflix , slated to stream Dec. 23. Looks bleak.
A little cartoon theology coming to Disney+ on Christmas Day.