Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 27, 2020
Some filmmakers lay their stories and themes out for your passive consumption, some make you “work for it,” and some…are Dana Ziyasheva. Her “Greatland” is a sort of pandemic and death of democracy satire that one suspects makes more sense … Continue reading
A Dec. 1 music doc about The Pogues? Julian Temple directed? Johnny Depp “presents?” Time to stock up on the Guinness then.
It’s been thirty years since the earth shook in the remote desert Southwest, since giant worms hunted by sensing human footsteps, since gun nut survivalists proved to be a town’s salvation. “Tremors” inspired half a dozen sequels and even a … Continue reading
“Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story” is a slow motion train wreck about a slow-motion train wreck of a basketballer. That doesn’t mean that this story of a Brooklyn playground “legend” who never got out of his own way when it … Continue reading
The Big Guy makes a movie for Netflix , slated to stream Dec. 23. Looks bleak.
A little cartoon theology coming to Disney+ on Christmas Day.