Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Same old "Top Gun," Same old "Maverick"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 27, 2020
Some filmmakers lay their stories and themes out for your passive consumption, some make you “work for it,” and some…are Dana Ziyasheva. Her “Greatland” is a sort of pandemic and death of democracy satire that one suspects makes more sense … Continue reading
A Dec. 1 music doc about The Pogues? Julian Temple directed? Johnny Depp “presents?” Time to stock up on the Guinness then.
It’s been thirty years since the earth shook in the remote desert Southwest, since giant worms hunted by sensing human footsteps, since gun nut survivalists proved to be a town’s salvation. “Tremors” inspired half a dozen sequels and even a … Continue reading
“Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story” is a slow motion train wreck about a slow-motion train wreck of a basketballer. That doesn’t mean that this story of a Brooklyn playground “legend” who never got out of his own way when it … Continue reading
The Big Guy makes a movie for Netflix , slated to stream Dec. 23. Looks bleak.
A little cartoon theology coming to Disney+ on Christmas Day.