Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 22, 2020
IFC has owned big stretches of this Year of the Pandemic box office. This Dec.11 release isn’t a genre horror thriller or anything I’d that sort. And it looks intriguing, as most of IFC’s titles are.
Somewhere early on in Bruce Springsteen’s latest “gather musicians in my barn to cut a record” documentary, “Bruce Springsteen’s Letter to You,” the big question he invites us to ask of him becomes clear. What becomes the pop star in … Continue reading
The Golden Globe-winning 1972 documentary “I Am a Dancer” is a straightforward, old-fashioned “dancer and the dance” film, very much a product of its time. It’s heavy on sweaty rehearsals but dominated by performance sequences from “Sleeping Beauty,” “La Dame … Continue reading
A father bounces his child of three on his lap in bed. In his mind’s eye, he has a different haircut, is fur clad like a Norseman of old, rowing the blond child to a rocky, Dark Ages shore. It’s … Continue reading
This indie drama has been a great favorite at film festivals, and it’s headed to theaters/streaming in early Nov.
The gags aim lower and the pranks seem more labored. The effort shows, as does the scripted fakery. It’s harder for Sacha Baron Cohen to go anywhere looking like “stupid reporter” from Kazakhstan. Everyone, save for elderly Republicans and rural … Continue reading