Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2020
A Ryan Murphy romp about theater “types” who show up to right a wrong in a right wing Indiana town that has a problem with same sex prom dates. Tracey Ullman is here, you betcha. Coming to Netflix
Writer-director Justin Simien has more experience in satire (“Dear White People”) than horror, and a better handle on lighthearted lectures than laughs. Which is to say, so what if this supernatural satire “Bad Hair” is more about the message of … Continue reading
This Netflix drama pushes a lot of the right buttons, and parking a screen legend in it is very smart.