Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2020
A Ryan Murphy romp about theater “types” who show up to right a wrong in a right wing Indiana town that has a problem with same sex prom dates. Tracey Ullman is here, you betcha. Coming to Netflix
Writer-director Justin Simien has more experience in satire (“Dear White People”) than horror, and a better handle on lighthearted lectures than laughs. Which is to say, so what if this supernatural satire “Bad Hair” is more about the message of … Continue reading
This Netflix drama pushes a lot of the right buttons, and parking a screen legend in it is very smart.