Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2020
A Ryan Murphy romp about theater “types” who show up to right a wrong in a right wing Indiana town that has a problem with same sex prom dates. Tracey Ullman is here, you betcha. Coming to Netflix
Writer-director Justin Simien has more experience in satire (“Dear White People”) than horror, and a better handle on lighthearted lectures than laughs. Which is to say, so what if this supernatural satire “Bad Hair” is more about the message of … Continue reading
This Netflix drama pushes a lot of the right buttons, and parking a screen legend in it is very smart.