Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2020
Our narrator tells the sad story of the Dominican Republic, “battleground island” of the Caribbean, a place where starting with “the Italian, Columbus” “outsiders” have always come in and exploited and bossed around the people. Spanish conquistadors to British and … Continue reading
Those old mates, collaborators and comic foils Nick Frost and Simon Pegg go once more to the well that produced “Spaced,” “Shaun of the Dead,” and so forth for “Truth Seekers,” a comic thriller series about ghost hunting in the … Continue reading
Alex Winter, the first half of “Bill & Ted,” has become an accomplished documentary filmmaker, and I’ve been looking forward this one since he first started talking it up last year. It comes our way in November.
Raja is a teen, with a jerk for a little brother and a grandmother who barely looks after them. Her father is long gone, and her mother fled some while back. But Raja (Elina Vaska) has some sense of her … Continue reading