Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- BOX OFFICE: "Knock at the Cabin" and "80 for Brady" dethrone "Avatar" in a Weekend Race that May Go to the Wire
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2020
Our narrator tells the sad story of the Dominican Republic, “battleground island” of the Caribbean, a place where starting with “the Italian, Columbus” “outsiders” have always come in and exploited and bossed around the people. Spanish conquistadors to British and … Continue reading
Those old mates, collaborators and comic foils Nick Frost and Simon Pegg go once more to the well that produced “Spaced,” “Shaun of the Dead,” and so forth for “Truth Seekers,” a comic thriller series about ghost hunting in the … Continue reading
Alex Winter, the first half of “Bill & Ted,” has become an accomplished documentary filmmaker, and I’ve been looking forward this one since he first started talking it up last year. It comes our way in November.
Raja is a teen, with a jerk for a little brother and a grandmother who barely looks after them. Her father is long gone, and her mother fled some while back. But Raja (Elina Vaska) has some sense of her … Continue reading