Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: "Wonder Woman 1984 (WW84)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Seeing the future, trying to change it of your own "Volition"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 2, 2020
This may get you a little choked up. Needless to say, it’s from A24.
Sitting on this one seemed unlikely, given the cash flow issues of the distributors and production company. But no sense throwing a $billion away, is there? “No Bond until you get rid of Trump” seems a fair bargain. https://variety.com/2020/film/news/james-bond-no-time-to-die-release-date-delay-2021-1234790944/
Roald Dahl again, with Chris Rock narrating and two Oscar winners going toe to toe. The original film’s 30 years old, so why not? Anne Hathaway for Angelica Huston? Oh yeah.
There was this colony of Church of Ireland folk, sort of Irish Amish, eschewing the modern world in dress and farming methods, who migrated to a remote corner of the Canadian northwest back in the 19th century. They got along … Continue reading
A cautionary eco-parable wrapped in a seriously dull and myopic time-travel thriller, “2067” bogs down early on in questions of “fate” and “determinism,” and never tears itself free of that bog. This Australian tale has maybe the best traveling-through-time sequence … Continue reading
I can’t speak for everyone, but the next time I’m on a stakeout, I’m damn sure bringing Bill Murray. Talk him into driving a 1960 Alfa Romeo Giuletta. Maybe he’ll show up with a gourmet picnic, caviar and a bottle … Continue reading