Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 2, 2020
This may get you a little choked up. Needless to say, it’s from A24.
Sitting on this one seemed unlikely, given the cash flow issues of the distributors and production company. But no sense throwing a $billion away, is there? “No Bond until you get rid of Trump” seems a fair bargain. https://variety.com/2020/film/news/james-bond-no-time-to-die-release-date-delay-2021-1234790944/
Roald Dahl again, with Chris Rock narrating and two Oscar winners going toe to toe. The original film’s 30 years old, so why not? Anne Hathaway for Angelica Huston? Oh yeah.
There was this colony of Church of Ireland folk, sort of Irish Amish, eschewing the modern world in dress and farming methods, who migrated to a remote corner of the Canadian northwest back in the 19th century. They got along … Continue reading
A cautionary eco-parable wrapped in a seriously dull and myopic time-travel thriller, “2067” bogs down early on in questions of “fate” and “determinism,” and never tears itself free of that bog. This Australian tale has maybe the best traveling-through-time sequence … Continue reading
I can’t speak for everyone, but the next time I’m on a stakeout, I’m damn sure bringing Bill Murray. Talk him into driving a 1960 Alfa Romeo Giuletta. Maybe he’ll show up with a gourmet picnic, caviar and a bottle … Continue reading