Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2020
You have your COVID quarantine coping mechanism, I have mine — which is watching old Youtube clips of Craig Ferguson’s dizzy, flirty, loosey goosey years hosting CBS’s “The Late Late Show.” Big fan. Kathie Lee Gifford never moved the needle … Continue reading
“In the Shadow of Iris” is a tight and twisty French thriller about a kidnapping gone wrong. Sexy casting and a taste of kink dress up this tale that begins conventionally, throws its first sleight-of-hand trick at us, and saves … Continue reading
We could use a little daft right about now. But we have to wait, eh? Oct. 23? Amazon that.
Graham Greene’s been a favorite of mine among character actors for years — going back to “Dances with Wolves,” “Northern Exposure,” on through “Transamerica” and “Wind River.” He’s made a career of playing sages with a touch of whimsy, often … Continue reading
The last reaction I expected the new screen adaptation of “The Boys in the Band” to provoke was indifference. But Tony winner or not, 50th anniversary film remake be damned, there isn’t a whole lot that this stagebound opening of … Continue reading
Eees teaser for trailer. Trailer later today.