Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2020
Husband and wife folk-pop duo Jim Hanft and Samanta Yonak were newlyweds, married after a years long partnership as “Jim & Sam,” when they decided that one epic stunt was the key to them breaking through in the music business. … Continue reading
This is not your grandmother’s — OK your GREAT grandmother’s — “Rebecca,” not the “Rebecca” of Du Maurier and Hitchcock. And hang me for heresy, that’s not the worst thing in the world. The original plays as fusty and old-fashioned … Continue reading
I was wondering why my post about the recognizable (to me, anyway) voice on TV ad from last summer was blowing up this am. It’s because people weren’t recognizing the instantly recognizable voice on last night’s World Series ad unveiled … Continue reading
Book Review: Val Kilmer’s intentionally, and unintentionally revealing memoir “I’m Your Huckleberry” is a fun read
Here’s a film star memoir that took me by surprise. Not that Val Kilmer’s “I’m Your Huckleberry” is all that confessional, or filled with gossip and Big Revelations. It’s not. But it’s a breezy, sometimes self-effacing, sometimes egotistical peek under … Continue reading
Oh to be young, male, misogynistic, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic and alcoholic in modern day St. Petersburg. They are “Three Comrades” living in Putin’s Proud Boys Russia, a lawless land where men like them drift through young adulthood with no moral … Continue reading