Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 9, 2020
The chief failing of your average horror collection is often such a movie’s greatest strength. Getting a coherent look and theme out of an anthology is a bear when you’re dealing with many directors, productions crews and “visions.” A “VHS” … Continue reading
This Hulu doc looks worth a chuckle or three. That bad boy premieres on Hulu next week.
If you’re making a raunchy comedy titled “Girls’ Rules” about high school hotties embracing their sexuality, it might help if you had, you know, a woman directing it and women writing it. Even if it’s an “American Pie” movie. “American … Continue reading
You’ve got a choice for kid-friendly film entertainment this weekend. You can stream Adam Sandler’s most sentimental “family” movie ever — complete with poop and peepee jokes, and Sandler’s sad ensemble of faded comics — “Hubie Halloween.” Or you can … Continue reading
Yeah, he’s gotten rich gulling the gullible, baiting bigots and ridiculing the ridiculous. But he’s afraid of what might happen of we don’t chase them back under the rocks they crawled out from under https://time.com/5897501/conspiracy-theory-misinformation/
The Australian model and TV presenter turned actress Ruby Rose has transformed herself into as credible a two-fisted big screen badass as any willowy, featherweight model could ever hope to be. TV’s “Batwoman” can handle fight choreography, with a little … Continue reading
A December Netflix and theatrical release. Fincher directing Tuppence and Seyfried and Charles Dance and Oldman. Curious to see how this plays into the “He wrote nothing else half as good as ‘Citizen Kane’ and Orson Welles went on to … Continue reading