Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 9, 2020
The chief failing of your average horror collection is often such a movie’s greatest strength. Getting a coherent look and theme out of an anthology is a bear when you’re dealing with many directors, productions crews and “visions.” A “VHS” … Continue reading
This Hulu doc looks worth a chuckle or three. That bad boy premieres on Hulu next week.
If you’re making a raunchy comedy titled “Girls’ Rules” about high school hotties embracing their sexuality, it might help if you had, you know, a woman directing it and women writing it. Even if it’s an “American Pie” movie. “American … Continue reading
You’ve got a choice for kid-friendly film entertainment this weekend. You can stream Adam Sandler’s most sentimental “family” movie ever — complete with poop and peepee jokes, and Sandler’s sad ensemble of faded comics — “Hubie Halloween.” Or you can … Continue reading
Yeah, he’s gotten rich gulling the gullible, baiting bigots and ridiculing the ridiculous. But he’s afraid of what might happen of we don’t chase them back under the rocks they crawled out from under https://time.com/5897501/conspiracy-theory-misinformation/
The Australian model and TV presenter turned actress Ruby Rose has transformed herself into as credible a two-fisted big screen badass as any willowy, featherweight model could ever hope to be. TV’s “Batwoman” can handle fight choreography, with a little … Continue reading
A December Netflix and theatrical release. Fincher directing Tuppence and Seyfried and Charles Dance and Oldman. Curious to see how this plays into the “He wrote nothing else half as good as ‘Citizen Kane’ and Orson Welles went on to … Continue reading