Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 31, 2020
The moral of the French dirty cops thriller “Rogue City” is a familiar one to American crime film fans. The police are a gang, just with different “colors.” Convoluted, bloody and downbeat, it’s about a Marseilles anti-gang unit that takes … Continue reading
What is it with characters in horror movies and carrots? Always cutting up carrots, always with the same result. And sheep. If it’s a tale set on a remote farm — heaven knows how often this happens — it’s always … Continue reading
I didn’t get to the first season of “The Mandalorian” when it broke last year at this time, but I did tuck into it in the spring, when COVID and the collapse of film release schedules left me a bit … Continue reading