Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 31, 2020
The moral of the French dirty cops thriller “Rogue City” is a familiar one to American crime film fans. The police are a gang, just with different “colors.” Convoluted, bloody and downbeat, it’s about a Marseilles anti-gang unit that takes … Continue reading
What is it with characters in horror movies and carrots? Always cutting up carrots, always with the same result. And sheep. If it’s a tale set on a remote farm — heaven knows how often this happens — it’s always … Continue reading
I didn’t get to the first season of “The Mandalorian” when it broke last year at this time, but I did tuck into it in the spring, when COVID and the collapse of film release schedules left me a bit … Continue reading