Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 29, 2020
A deep bow of respect is due to Ms. Joey King, who used her newly emerging star clout (“Fargo,” “Kissing Booth,” “Slender Man,” “Summer ’03”) to get “Radium Girls” on the screen. It’s a well-acted, smartly-reported and heartfelt if somewhat … Continue reading
Sure, it’s still a bargain. And considering that Netflix looks to take a big piece of the Oscar nominations pie this year, you pretty much can’t get around subscribing. Still, with their subscriber base, it’s hard to see how they’ve … Continue reading
Let’s remake “The Craft” and rub all its hard, cruel edges off. It’ll be “woke” and tolerant, righteous in its inclusion and opposition to those against those values. It just won’t be scary or have the “now they’ve gone too … Continue reading
We meet Darryl Gant in his car, driving through the dark, ruined streets of Camden, New Jersey. Philly guys on the radio compare the place to “Robocop’s Detroit” and “I Am Legend,” a ghost town since its Campbell’s Soup, RCA … Continue reading
So, Netflix’s first “holiday” romantic comedy is all about vulgar people, alcohol and substance abuse, crude hook-ups, bodily functions, bodily fluids and generous helpings of the f-bomb? Charmlessly scripted and acted, “Holidate” is as amusing as a hand-job, and about … Continue reading