Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 29, 2020
A deep bow of respect is due to Ms. Joey King, who used her newly emerging star clout (“Fargo,” “Kissing Booth,” “Slender Man,” “Summer ’03”) to get “Radium Girls” on the screen. It’s a well-acted, smartly-reported and heartfelt if somewhat … Continue reading
Sure, it’s still a bargain. And considering that Netflix looks to take a big piece of the Oscar nominations pie this year, you pretty much can’t get around subscribing. Still, with their subscriber base, it’s hard to see how they’ve … Continue reading
Let’s remake “The Craft” and rub all its hard, cruel edges off. It’ll be “woke” and tolerant, righteous in its inclusion and opposition to those against those values. It just won’t be scary or have the “now they’ve gone too … Continue reading
We meet Darryl Gant in his car, driving through the dark, ruined streets of Camden, New Jersey. Philly guys on the radio compare the place to “Robocop’s Detroit” and “I Am Legend,” a ghost town since its Campbell’s Soup, RCA … Continue reading
So, Netflix’s first “holiday” romantic comedy is all about vulgar people, alcohol and substance abuse, crude hook-ups, bodily functions, bodily fluids and generous helpings of the f-bomb? Charmlessly scripted and acted, “Holidate” is as amusing as a hand-job, and about … Continue reading