Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2020
So, what can we learn about Malaysia from today’s “Around the World with Netflix” offering, the action comedy “All Because of You?” For an Islamic country with laws against homosexuality, their cinema isn’t above making sissy jokes. That part of … Continue reading
She was the wittiest of professional contrarians, breathlessly passionate about each new love, venomously vituperative about each offense to her cinematic sensibilities. Pauline Kael was film criticism’s original “hanging judge,” the critic’s critic in a pre-Internet age when there were … Continue reading
Think a Sandler-esque “Tag” with lots of swearing.