Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2020
So, what can we learn about Malaysia from today’s “Around the World with Netflix” offering, the action comedy “All Because of You?” For an Islamic country with laws against homosexuality, their cinema isn’t above making sissy jokes. That part of … Continue reading
She was the wittiest of professional contrarians, breathlessly passionate about each new love, venomously vituperative about each offense to her cinematic sensibilities. Pauline Kael was film criticism’s original “hanging judge,” the critic’s critic in a pre-Internet age when there were … Continue reading
Think a Sandler-esque “Tag” with lots of swearing.