Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2020
You know the old saying, “The road to Haiyan is paved with good intentions.” Super typhoon Haiyan, one of the most violent cyclones ever to make landfall, tore up the Philippines in 2013. “When the Storm Fades” is a docu-dramedy … Continue reading
“The Wall of Mexico” is an arch allegory about immigration, about the “haves” building walls to limit access by the “have-nots.” It’s clever enough, with its story of a prosperous, long-established Mexican-American family blocking local access to its treasured well … Continue reading
One of the best Nigerian films in recent years is a nerve-wracking thriller about human trafficking. “Òlòtūré” takes its titular heroine (Sharon Ooja) from the grim brothels of Lagos to the terrifying deal many of the young women there make … Continue reading