Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2020
You know the old saying, “The road to Haiyan is paved with good intentions.” Super typhoon Haiyan, one of the most violent cyclones ever to make landfall, tore up the Philippines in 2013. “When the Storm Fades” is a docu-dramedy … Continue reading
“The Wall of Mexico” is an arch allegory about immigration, about the “haves” building walls to limit access by the “have-nots.” It’s clever enough, with its story of a prosperous, long-established Mexican-American family blocking local access to its treasured well … Continue reading
One of the best Nigerian films in recent years is a nerve-wracking thriller about human trafficking. “Òlòtūré” takes its titular heroine (Sharon Ooja) from the grim brothels of Lagos to the terrifying deal many of the young women there make … Continue reading