Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 15, 2020
Gritty, impoverished and with a trailer that bends towards epic. Nov. 6 https://youtu.be/lRVMe0GsdUg
Heidi Schreck is a TV writer and actress who gave the world “Billions” and “I Love Dick” after writing “Nurse Jackie.” But back when she was a teenage in small town Washington State, she was a world beater at the … Continue reading
A WWII combat medic and Holocaust survivor meets a woman who left her combat vet husband in an otherwise empty New York bar in “The Second Sun,” a crushing bore of a screen romance starring one of writer Norman Mailer’s … Continue reading
Of all the things necessary to make a screen thriller work, “urgency” has to rank at the top of the list. That’s conveyed via direction, editing, sometimes a pulse-pounding score, but most importantly in a script that expresses high stakes … Continue reading
Netflix has a real prestige picture or three this holiday season. This adaptation of the room reflective, reactionary and some say self righteous redneck memoir by J. Vance has a Glenn Close Oscar nomination in its DNA.