Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 15, 2020
Gritty, impoverished and with a trailer that bends towards epic. Nov. 6 https://youtu.be/lRVMe0GsdUg
Heidi Schreck is a TV writer and actress who gave the world “Billions” and “I Love Dick” after writing “Nurse Jackie.” But back when she was a teenage in small town Washington State, she was a world beater at the … Continue reading
A WWII combat medic and Holocaust survivor meets a woman who left her combat vet husband in an otherwise empty New York bar in “The Second Sun,” a crushing bore of a screen romance starring one of writer Norman Mailer’s … Continue reading
Of all the things necessary to make a screen thriller work, “urgency” has to rank at the top of the list. That’s conveyed via direction, editing, sometimes a pulse-pounding score, but most importantly in a script that expresses high stakes … Continue reading
Netflix has a real prestige picture or three this holiday season. This adaptation of the room reflective, reactionary and some say self righteous redneck memoir by J. Vance has a Glenn Close Oscar nomination in its DNA.