Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 12, 2019
This one seems right up my alley, so let’s hope this Sept. release has a hint of “fall film” sci-fi seriousness about it. Fingers crossed!
Once one figures out “Depraved” is a modern re-setting of “Frankenstein,” how does a filmmaker maintain interest through the over-familiar story beats that march us toward that inevitable hunt with pitchforks? Sure, it’s changed up a bit. The “monster” is … Continue reading
The comedy “3 Days with Dad” is a dark farce about a family gathering to say goodbye to their patriarch as he faces the end of life on tubes and life support in a hospital. It’s a dismissable, hit or … Continue reading
Yes. Yes we are. A 2:40 “It” sequel, and that’s just last weekend’s example. https://t.co/Yd16VmWnMI https://twitter.com/THR/status/1172140355963277313?s=17
Joey King, Megan Fox and Jackie Weaver are the leading ladies, Farrell and Rogen and Robinson and McBride…and Feanco– those are just the guys in this movie about a movie. A wide-eyed young actress comes to LA in the same … Continue reading
Think “Hustlers” is just about strippers ripping off lap-dance clients in a well-publicized New York skin club? Writer-director Lorene Scafaria, who scripted “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” and “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World,” sees this “true” … Continue reading