Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 12, 2019
This one seems right up my alley, so let’s hope this Sept. release has a hint of “fall film” sci-fi seriousness about it. Fingers crossed!
Once one figures out “Depraved” is a modern re-setting of “Frankenstein,” how does a filmmaker maintain interest through the over-familiar story beats that march us toward that inevitable hunt with pitchforks? Sure, it’s changed up a bit. The “monster” is … Continue reading
The comedy “3 Days with Dad” is a dark farce about a family gathering to say goodbye to their patriarch as he faces the end of life on tubes and life support in a hospital. It’s a dismissable, hit or … Continue reading
Yes. Yes we are. A 2:40 “It” sequel, and that’s just last weekend’s example. https://t.co/Yd16VmWnMI https://twitter.com/THR/status/1172140355963277313?s=17
Joey King, Megan Fox and Jackie Weaver are the leading ladies, Farrell and Rogen and Robinson and McBride…and Feanco– those are just the guys in this movie about a movie. A wide-eyed young actress comes to LA in the same … Continue reading
Think “Hustlers” is just about strippers ripping off lap-dance clients in a well-publicized New York skin club? Writer-director Lorene Scafaria, who scripted “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” and “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World,” sees this “true” … Continue reading