Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 23, 2019
Netflixable? “An Affair to Die For” has a plot worth stealing
The chatty bellhop doesn’t know. All that chatter is what keeps him from figuring it out, reading the signs. Because heaven knows we have. It was in the evasive conversation Holly (Claire Forlani) had with “Russell” on her way to … Continue reading
Movie Review: Dreamworks turns its eyes East for “Abominable”
Dreamworks’ “Abominable,” not to be confused with Sony’s “Smallfoot” or Laika’s “Missing Link,” is an animated Chinese travelogue that tugs at the heartstrings. That’s pretty much in lieu of laughs in this fluffy twist on a fantastic beasts and the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Dreamworks turns its eyes East for “Abominable”
Documentary Review — “Jim Allison: Breakthrough” tracks a search for a cure for cancer
The drawl, the shock of unruly white hair and scraggly beard can lead to the wrong first impression of Jim Allison. Learning that this Texan, a lifelong blues harp player and committed Willie Nelson fan, has been known to close … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review — “Jim Allison: Breakthrough” tracks a search for a cure for cancer