Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 1, 2019
Adding screens and footage to “Spider-Man: Far from Home” chased “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” out of the top ten. Finally. “Don’t Let Go” WAY underperformed and “Angel has Fallen” won the last weekend of the summer — with Labor … Continue reading
“Major back injuries.” Hoping for the best for Kev Hart. Not being “cute” with the photo choice. Just the most readily available. https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/01/comedian-kevin-hart-injured-in-southern-california-car-crash /
Hunkering down in the Fla. coast, within sight of the Kennedy Space Center. First comes the wind, then goes the wifi. Then the power. Guessing this latest storm is killing my “It Chapter 2” screening. So long as that’s all … Continue reading
Disney owned the summer with a string of billion dollar hits. Nobody else did nearly as well at the year to date is 6% down, summer to summer down 2%. Putting this much of the Hollywood business under one roof … Continue reading
Not a good weekend for John Travolta in the movies. It’s been obvious for a few years now that JT has a future… in streaming and cable. His big screen career has been on a slide, but selling a single … Continue reading