Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: The Tender Mercies of Facing Cancer with "Our Friend"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2019
It’s stupidly long. And no, New Line/Warner Brothers–length does not add gravitas or importance. It just means you chose not to give your movie pace, that you were too scared to edit anything out. Reviews have poor to middling. I … Continue reading
What’s that old saying about too much of a (mediocre) thing? That’s the second half of Stephen King’s “It” saga, an everything horrific but the kitchen sink thriller destined to be a blockbuster, treated — by virtue of its excessive … Continue reading