Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2019
It’s stupidly long. And no, New Line/Warner Brothers–length does not add gravitas or importance. It just means you chose not to give your movie pace, that you were too scared to edit anything out. Reviews have poor to middling. I … Continue reading
What’s that old saying about too much of a (mediocre) thing? That’s the second half of Stephen King’s “It” saga, an everything horrific but the kitchen sink thriller destined to be a blockbuster, treated — by virtue of its excessive … Continue reading