Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2019
It’s stupidly long. And no, New Line/Warner Brothers–length does not add gravitas or importance. It just means you chose not to give your movie pace, that you were too scared to edit anything out. Reviews have poor to middling. I … Continue reading
What’s that old saying about too much of a (mediocre) thing? That’s the second half of Stephen King’s “It” saga, an everything horrific but the kitchen sink thriller destined to be a blockbuster, treated — by virtue of its excessive … Continue reading