Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 5, 2019
Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in “Back to School/La Grande Classe”
For those of us who have longed for a “Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion” meets “Wedding Crashers” in French, Netflix is here to fill that void. The streaming service has had decent luck with French farces (“I Am Not … Continue reading
Two young couples, with patriarch Sterling K. Brown holding the family together as it is tested by life these days. It’s from A24, so chances are it’s very good.
Let’s get the “icky” part out of the way up front. “Scarborough” is a drama about two teachers showing up at the same British coastal resort town, off-season from the looks of it, for a weekend with their student-lovers. They … Continue reading
This full trailer for Taika Waititi’s “JoJo Rabbit” has whimsy (“What We Do in the Shadows”), scope (“Thor: Ragnorak”) and darkness, heart and pathos. It’s like a Wes Anderson movie about Nazis, without a grand hotel. And a German cover … Continue reading