Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 16, 2019
You knew he was a goner the moment that damning clip showed up. That wasn”t a lapse, ancient history or anything you can explain away. That was a vile bigot comfortable in long held prejudices. Via The New York Times … Continue reading
The path to “The World We Make” is paved with patronizing, heavy-handed and somewhat retro good intentions. It’s a modern day inter-racial romance set in that corner of suburban Nashville that hasn’t turned a calendar page since, oh, 1975. The … Continue reading
“Groupers” is a farce about kidnapping two homophobic high school bullies and forcing them to prove their “thesis” — that homosexuality, “sexual proclivity,” is a choice. If it is, they can “choose” to dabble in it same sex romance, and … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Matthew Broderick cameos in a Netflix high school AFTER the apocalypse comedy, “Daybreak”
Netflix has had better luck with teen comedies than with post-apocalyptic sci-fi. But Oct. 24, perhaps this mashup farce will change all that.
Office romances, especially those between boss and employee, have made a a rapid transition from “frowned upon” by HR to repellant and condemnable in the “#MeToo” era. They’re positively fraught, these days. Thus, the misfortune that is “Can You Keep … Continue reading