Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2019
The poet swordsman with big nose had to get his start somewhere. This French backstage comedy tells that story.
The offstage moments are the glories of “Judy,” the places where Renée Zellweger truly inhabits the child star turned showbiz legend, a shell of her former self in the last year of her life. It’s all the stuff ON-stage that … Continue reading
Just caught this trailer in a theater and boy, does it have my interest. Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Leslie Mann and Cherry Jones also star in this Nov. 1. noir about a detective with Tourettes, based on a Jonathan Lethem novel.
Third trailer, a spy becomes a bird comedy. Buying in?
Take your kids to “Abominable” and tell me I’m wrong. It plays like an animated dramedy made for the Chinese market. It’s laugh-starved and China-flattering in the extreme. The villains are a Brit (Eddie Izzard) and his North American hireling … Continue reading
We can safely assume, from the way Dick Long’s two cover-bandmates dump him in the emergency room parking lot, that the night got plumb out of hand. We saw the “Pink Freud” band rehearsal earlier, the booze and weed and … Continue reading