Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 27, 2019
The poet swordsman with big nose had to get his start somewhere. This French backstage comedy tells that story.
The offstage moments are the glories of “Judy,” the places where Renée Zellweger truly inhabits the child star turned showbiz legend, a shell of her former self in the last year of her life. It’s all the stuff ON-stage that … Continue reading
Just caught this trailer in a theater and boy, does it have my interest. Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Leslie Mann and Cherry Jones also star in this Nov. 1. noir about a detective with Tourettes, based on a Jonathan Lethem novel.
Third trailer, a spy becomes a bird comedy. Buying in?
Take your kids to “Abominable” and tell me I’m wrong. It plays like an animated dramedy made for the Chinese market. It’s laugh-starved and China-flattering in the extreme. The villains are a Brit (Eddie Izzard) and his North American hireling … Continue reading
We can safely assume, from the way Dick Long’s two cover-bandmates dump him in the emergency room parking lot, that the night got plumb out of hand. We saw the “Pink Freud” band rehearsal earlier, the booze and weed and … Continue reading