Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 8, 2019
Ewan M. is “Danny doesn’t live here, Mrs. Torrance,” all grown up. Rebecca Ferguson, Jacob Tremblay, Cliff Curtis and Bruce Greenwood are in this Nov. 8 thriller.
Not a bad opening weekend. Not a holiday weekend, not a “summer release,” almost three freaking hours long. The $91 million “It 2” pulled only looks bad if you compare it to “It Chapter 1,” which pulled in over $123 … Continue reading
Oscar winner Brie Larson, Tim Blake Nelson a Andrene Watts-Hammond are the other faces in this Oscar contender about justice down South. It’s based on a true story and could be every bit as moving as its trailer.
I watch the signature stand-up specials on Netflix and elsewhere, but I rarely bother to review them because they aren’t movies — for the most part. Not in the sense of “Eddie Murphy: Raw” or the various Richard Pryor concert … Continue reading