Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 8, 2019
Ewan M. is “Danny doesn’t live here, Mrs. Torrance,” all grown up. Rebecca Ferguson, Jacob Tremblay, Cliff Curtis and Bruce Greenwood are in this Nov. 8 thriller.
Not a bad opening weekend. Not a holiday weekend, not a “summer release,” almost three freaking hours long. The $91 million “It 2” pulled only looks bad if you compare it to “It Chapter 1,” which pulled in over $123 … Continue reading
Oscar winner Brie Larson, Tim Blake Nelson a Andrene Watts-Hammond are the other faces in this Oscar contender about justice down South. It’s based on a true story and could be every bit as moving as its trailer.
I watch the signature stand-up specials on Netflix and elsewhere, but I rarely bother to review them because they aren’t movies — for the most part. Not in the sense of “Eddie Murphy: Raw” or the various Richard Pryor concert … Continue reading