Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 28, 2019
Here’s a career retrospective documentary that began life as “21 Years: Quentin Tarantino,” and was finished a few years ago (2017) — brushed up, repurposed, re-titled and released on the heels of a very successful run of “Once Upon … Continue reading
Documentary Review — “Memory: The Origins of ‘Alien'” gives us deep background on the making of a masterpiece
It was, and remains, the most frightening science fiction film ever made. “Alien” was a watershed picture when it hit theaters in 1979, like an anti-“Star Wars” “Close Encounters of the Terminal Kind.” It had an unstoppable, insectoid monster attacking … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Abominable” on track for $20, “Downton” teens, “Hustlers” outhustles “Ad Astra” and “Rambo”
Last year at this time, “Smallfoot” managed an $833,000 opening Thursday night on its way to a meek (for an animated musical) opening of $23 million or so, Thursday night, “Abominable,” another “yeti” comedy but this time from Dreamworks, not … Continue reading