Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 28, 2019
Here’s a career retrospective documentary that began life as “21 Years: Quentin Tarantino,” and was finished a few years ago (2017) — brushed up, repurposed, re-titled and released on the heels of a very successful run of “Once Upon … Continue reading
Documentary Review — “Memory: The Origins of ‘Alien'” gives us deep background on the making of a masterpiece
It was, and remains, the most frightening science fiction film ever made. “Alien” was a watershed picture when it hit theaters in 1979, like an anti-“Star Wars” “Close Encounters of the Terminal Kind.” It had an unstoppable, insectoid monster attacking … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Abominable” on track for $20, “Downton” teens, “Hustlers” outhustles “Ad Astra” and “Rambo”
Last year at this time, “Smallfoot” managed an $833,000 opening Thursday night on its way to a meek (for an animated musical) opening of $23 million or so, Thursday night, “Abominable,” another “yeti” comedy but this time from Dreamworks, not … Continue reading