Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2019
Movie Review: “Mister America” allows Tim Heidecker cultists to imagine their hero running for office
“Mister America” is a sequel to “On Cinema at the Cinema,” an intentionally bad, vigorously half-assed movie review show that went from podcast to web series, eventually part of the Adult Swim Cartoon Network brand. It’s pretty much the … Continue reading
First of all, great title. If you’re going to round up a bunch of young people — college coeds, stoners and frat bros — for a “dead teenager movie,” you’re going to need to do a “Head Count.” The rules … Continue reading
Scorsese’s mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa picture shows up Nov. 27. On Netflix.
Documentary Review: “Wrinkles the Clown” exposes viral phobias, manufactured fear and really bad parenting
The scariest clown movie of 2019 is a documentary. Nothing’s hiding in the sewers, nobody is bullied and beaten until he becomes Batman’s nemesis. “Wrinkles the Clown” is about an aged “retired” party clown who offers “behavioral services” to parents. … Continue reading