Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2019
Movie Review: “Mister America” allows Tim Heidecker cultists to imagine their hero running for office
“Mister America” is a sequel to “On Cinema at the Cinema,” an intentionally bad, vigorously half-assed movie review show that went from podcast to web series, eventually part of the Adult Swim Cartoon Network brand. It’s pretty much the … Continue reading
First of all, great title. If you’re going to round up a bunch of young people — college coeds, stoners and frat bros — for a “dead teenager movie,” you’re going to need to do a “Head Count.” The rules … Continue reading
Scorsese’s mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa picture shows up Nov. 27. On Netflix.
Documentary Review: “Wrinkles the Clown” exposes viral phobias, manufactured fear and really bad parenting
The scariest clown movie of 2019 is a documentary. Nothing’s hiding in the sewers, nobody is bullied and beaten until he becomes Batman’s nemesis. “Wrinkles the Clown” is about an aged “retired” party clown who offers “behavioral services” to parents. … Continue reading