Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2019
Movie Review: “Mister America” allows Tim Heidecker cultists to imagine their hero running for office
“Mister America” is a sequel to “On Cinema at the Cinema,” an intentionally bad, vigorously half-assed movie review show that went from podcast to web series, eventually part of the Adult Swim Cartoon Network brand. It’s pretty much the … Continue reading
First of all, great title. If you’re going to round up a bunch of young people — college coeds, stoners and frat bros — for a “dead teenager movie,” you’re going to need to do a “Head Count.” The rules … Continue reading
Scorsese’s mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa picture shows up Nov. 27. On Netflix.
Documentary Review: “Wrinkles the Clown” exposes viral phobias, manufactured fear and really bad parenting
The scariest clown movie of 2019 is a documentary. Nothing’s hiding in the sewers, nobody is bullied and beaten until he becomes Batman’s nemesis. “Wrinkles the Clown” is about an aged “retired” party clown who offers “behavioral services” to parents, … Continue reading