Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2019
Movie Review: “Mister America” allows Tim Heidecker cultists to imagine their hero running for office
“Mister America” is a sequel to “On Cinema at the Cinema,” an intentionally bad, vigorously half-assed movie review show that went from podcast to web series, eventually part of the Adult Swim Cartoon Network brand. It’s pretty much the … Continue reading
First of all, great title. If you’re going to round up a bunch of young people — college coeds, stoners and frat bros — for a “dead teenager movie,” you’re going to need to do a “Head Count.” The rules … Continue reading
Scorsese’s mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa picture shows up Nov. 27. On Netflix.
Documentary Review: “Wrinkles the Clown” exposes viral phobias, manufactured fear and really bad parenting
The scariest clown movie of 2019 is a documentary. Nothing’s hiding in the sewers, nobody is bullied and beaten until he becomes Batman’s nemesis. “Wrinkles the Clown” is about an aged “retired” party clown who offers “behavioral services” to parents. … Continue reading