Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 26, 2019
Movie Review: “Mister America” allows Tim Heidecker cultists to imagine their hero running for office
“Mister America” is a sequel to “On Cinema at the Cinema,” an intentionally bad, vigorously half-assed movie review show that went from podcast to web series, eventually part of the Adult Swim Cartoon Network brand. It’s pretty much the … Continue reading
First of all, great title. If you’re going to round up a bunch of young people — college coeds, stoners and frat bros — for a “dead teenager movie,” you’re going to need to do a “Head Count.” The rules … Continue reading
Scorsese’s mobsters and Jimmy Hoffa picture shows up Nov. 27. On Netflix.
Documentary Review: “Wrinkles the Clown” exposes viral phobias, manufactured fear and really bad parenting
The scariest clown movie of 2019 is a documentary. Nothing’s hiding in the sewers, nobody is bullied and beaten until he becomes Batman’s nemesis. “Wrinkles the Clown” is about an aged “retired” party clown who offers “behavioral services” to parents. … Continue reading