Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 7, 2019
It’s the movie that could make you fall in love with Morgan Spurlock, all over again. With “Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!” the quixotic documentarian returns to his first, best destiny — investigating fast food and the “myth” that … Continue reading
A child’s hearing-loss is “corrected” by cochlear implants, leading to him wanting to perform Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata. The boy’s deaf grandfather faces the perils of old age, adding new maladies to his lifelong one. And the boy’s filmmaker-mother ponders them … Continue reading
This is an October release about a real life clown hired to show up and scare the kids — grownups, too. And it looks revelatory, in terms of why folks are scared of people in facepaint and wigs.
The first half of the “It” saga opened at a horror film record $123 million+ two years ago. “It Chapter Two” is now on track to come in a whopping 20% below that. Thursday showings were the first sign at … Continue reading
Sorority vengeance fantasy. Love that Imogen. The fact that she Poots is irrelevant.