Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 7, 2019
It’s the movie that could make you fall in love with Morgan Spurlock, all over again. With “Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!” the quixotic documentarian returns to his first, best destiny — investigating fast food and the “myth” that … Continue reading
A child’s hearing-loss is “corrected” by cochlear implants, leading to him wanting to perform Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata. The boy’s deaf grandfather faces the perils of old age, adding new maladies to his lifelong one. And the boy’s filmmaker-mother ponders them … Continue reading
This is an October release about a real life clown hired to show up and scare the kids — grownups, too. And it looks revelatory, in terms of why folks are scared of people in facepaint and wigs.
The first half of the “It” saga opened at a horror film record $123 million+ two years ago. “It Chapter Two” is now on track to come in a whopping 20% below that. Thursday showings were the first sign at … Continue reading
Sorority vengeance fantasy. Love that Imogen. The fact that she Poots is irrelevant.