Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- BOX OFFICE: "Gentlemen" have little chance against "Bad Boys," will anybody turn out for "The Turning?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 4, 2019
The Western world, much of it anyway, is growing lonelier by the plugged-in/logged-on day. But is technology destined to serve up virtual solutions to the real-world human disconnect it has created? That’s fascinating fodder for science fiction, and we’ve already … Continue reading
Netflixable? Captain America runs “The Red Sea Diving Resort” on behalf of Mossad in this “true story” thriller
There are many “issues” weighing down the “inspired by true events” thriller “The Red Sea Diving Resort,” starting with its generic action pic dialogue, patronizing “white saviors in Africa” messaging and cliff-hanging story beats borrowed from films as varied … Continue reading
From Orion Pictures, a twisted take on a Grimm tale. A 2020 release.
Nobody is likely to reinvent the biographical pop music documentary, so the difference between good films in the genre generally just boils down to taste. You love Bill Withers, or Streisand or Hendrix, Dylan or Keith Richards or Linda Ronstadt, … Continue reading