Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 4, 2019
The Western world, much of it anyway, is growing lonelier by the plugged-in/logged-on day. But is technology destined to serve up virtual solutions to the real-world human disconnect it has created? That’s fascinating fodder for science fiction, and we’ve already … Continue reading
Netflixable? Captain America runs “The Red Sea Diving Resort” on behalf of Mossad in this “true story” thriller
There are many “issues” weighing down the “inspired by true events” thriller “The Red Sea Diving Resort,” starting with its generic action pic dialogue, patronizing “white saviors in Africa” messaging and cliff-hanging story beats borrowed from films as varied … Continue reading
From Orion Pictures, a twisted take on a Grimm tale. A 2020 release.
Nobody is likely to reinvent the biographical pop music documentary, so the difference between good films in the genre generally just boils down to taste. You love Bill Withers, or Streisand or Hendrix, Dylan or Keith Richards or Linda Ronstadt, … Continue reading