Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 23, 2019
No release date on this epic, which features a few authentic Good Ol’boys (Barry Corbin) mixed in with the likes of John Travolta, a suprisingly down home Kevin Dunn, Shania Twain (Southern Canada? Maybe.) and Michael Madsen. Madsen is past-his-prime … Continue reading
Yes, he was a real figure, the great composer, working in the shadows of Hollywood as others got the credit and students went on to become JOHN WILLIAMS and JERRY GOLDSMITH and HENRY MANCINI. Yeah. Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco really lived. He … Continue reading
Kind of a dizzy and dark riff on Matthew M’s “Awright awright awright, where’s my BONGOES?” past image, with a hint of “Spring Breakers” about it. Korine landed Isla Fisher and Snoop Dogg and Jonah Hill and Zac Efron and…Martin … Continue reading
The impression that sticks with you is of carnage — animals slaughered on a wholesale scale. “We shoot until we run outta shells,” one camo-clad local drawls from the cockpit of his flat bottomed swamp boat. But they’re shooting at … Continue reading
“Crossed the Line” is a soapy, sloppily-plotted thriller that might have played better on the TV network that originally produced it. But thanks to its violence and language, this 2014 Ice-T versus four vengeful sisters tales earns its release on … Continue reading