Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 13, 2019
The high-higher-highest hopes engendered by titling your comedy “I Hate Kids” are pretty much dashed by this sentimental romp that never romps. Joke by groaning joke, scene by clunky, unfunny scene, it’s a DOA farce that wastes another vampy turn … Continue reading
The tweenage characters in “The Kid Who Would be King” freely acknowledge that they’re living through an endless story, “The Hero With a Thousand Faces,” they’d say — if they were reading Joseph Campbell at 12.” “We’re Han and Chewy, … Continue reading
A decent Thursday and big Friday were enough to give STX its first-ever weekend win at the box office. The studio best known for the “Bad Moms” movies, and “Second Act” and “Molly’s Game” (their lone “upmarket” title, before this) … Continue reading
Dev Patel, Armie Hammer, Jason Issacs, Nazanin Boniadi, Anupam Kher and Natasha Liu Bordizzo star in this Mar.22 release, a nail-biting thriller built around the terrorist takeover of the Taj Mahal Hotel in November of 2008, part of a series of Pakistani backed assaults on Mumbai. Of course, it’s a … Continue reading