Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 18, 2019
A big Thursday night and Friday for Universal’s complete-the-“trilogy” thriller “Glass,” which connects the “Unbreakable” characters and universe to “Split” in a way critics found…dull. Hey, it wasn’t just me. Oh no. “Glass” did $3.7 million Thursday and another $13-14 … Continue reading
Generations of film buffs got their start on Laurel & Hardy comedies — classic short films from the silent and early sound era that laid bare the basic principles of great comedy. So any sentimental film appreciation of the cinema’s … Continue reading