Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 22, 2019
The documentary series “POV” airs at different times in different markets. But this award-nominated documentary, “Minding the Gap,” about teens growing up in America’s Rust Belt, made for Hulu, will show up on that program before the Oscars are handed … Continue reading
Nominations for the 91st Academy Awards rolled out this AM, live streamed in addition to televised. And “Black Panther” kept coming up, alphabetically the first film named in category after category –costumes, score, sound mixing, sound editing. Seven nominations, including … Continue reading
Seems like everyday’s Internet assault on the eyeballs is toploaded with speculation, “push polling” on behalf of “Black Panther” (ahem), how “Viola Davis could sneak in there for ‘Widows’” (maybe, a long shot), “Crazy Rich Asians” (Really?) or something else … Continue reading