Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2019
My hat always comes off in the presence of filmmakers daring enough to take on a period piece with their indie film. They’re invariably passion projects with a capital “P.” Because you’re not cranking out some attention-grabbing/career-starting horror-zombie or romantic … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Glass”encases a weak winter weekend, “Boy Who Would Be King” doesn’t dazzle, “Serenity” dies peacefully
The weekend after Oscar nominations are announced is typically limited in terms of new releases, with Oscar nominees taking charge of that “Oscar bounce” owning many spots in the box office top ten. This year, Universal rolled “Green Book” … Continue reading