Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 26, 2019
Movie Review: “The Iron Orchard”
My hat always comes off in the presence of filmmakers daring enough to take on a period piece with their indie film. They’re invariably passion projects with a capital “P.” Because you’re not cranking out some attention-grabbing/career-starting horror-zombie or romantic … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Iron Orchard”
BOX OFFICE: “Glass”encases a weak winter weekend, “Boy Who Would Be King” doesn’t dazzle, “Serenity” dies peacefully
The weekend after Oscar nominations are announced is typically limited in terms of new releases, with Oscar nominees taking charge of that “Oscar bounce” owning many spots in the box office top ten. This year, Universal rolled “Green Book” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Glass”encases a weak winter weekend, “Boy Who Would Be King” doesn’t dazzle, “Serenity” dies peacefully