Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 30, 2019
“Haze” is the best movie about the excesses of the Greek System that you’ve never seen. An alcohol, coke and Moly-fueled fever-dream of rituals, tradition, group bonding and groupthink, intimidation, violence, vandalism, sexism and every other “ism” you can think … Continue reading
Marshall Curry’s Oscar nominated film is an editing of footage — silent and with sound — of a February, 1939 “Support the Nazis” rally — not in Nuremberg, but at Madison Square Garden in New York City. It’s all there, … Continue reading
“First Man” tried to show us an intimate portrait of Neil Armstrong, and succeeded. No, the Ryan Gosling/Damien Chazelle bio pic wasn’t a blockbuster and made NO noise this awards season. But it outshone many of the films we’re making … Continue reading
Dan Myrick’s “Skyman” has that “appearance of ‘real’ history” look of “The Blair Witch Project.” But “Skyman” is about a man who met a “Skyman” decades earlier. A mockumentary format, with “interviews” rather than “found footage,” is what the film … Continue reading