Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 17, 2019
No killing puppies. Apparently. The cool collectible car has been replaced by…a horse. But this summer, “John Wick 3: Parabellum” adds some firepower, somebody to lift Keanu’s game by sharing a few scenes. May 17.
Let us descend then, a stranger in a strange land checking in on the anime wonder that is “Dragon Ball Super: Broly.” I am not a devotee, so I must approach this, the 20th anime film based on “Dragon Ball,” … Continue reading
Today we dip our toes in the subculture of “Dragon Ball,” cult anime films with a supernatural bent that are — judging from Internet forums and Youtube collaters — valued for their drawn-animated “fights.” I’ve channel surfed into at least one … Continue reading