Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Keira and Carrie play the reporters who name the "Boston Strangler"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 5, 2019
Movie Review: Coming of age is rough in “Rockaway”
“Rockaway” is an sentimental coming-of-age melodrama, a personal tale of childhood in the ’90s that never gets the cutesie and edgy blend right. It’s an ungainly hybrid — “Stand by Me” by way of “The Sandlot” — without the writing … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Coming of age is rough in “Rockaway”
BOX OFFICE: “Aquaman” gulps another $30, “Escape Room” gets away with $17
Warners is still making mint by casting the right “Aquaman,” and humorously marketing the hell out of what most would consider a lesser hero of the DC Comic Book Universe. Another $30 million+ this weekend? That’s what Deadline.com is saying … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Aquaman” gulps another $30, “Escape Room” gets away with $17