Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2019
At a cabin in the mountains, six old friends get together to talk about the old times and drink a lot of shots as they do. But there’s a nut in a mask. With a knife. And a hammer. And … Continue reading
How did Groucho warn us? “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.” He wasn’t talking about fraternities, but he could have been. Those are words to live by. And when every frat … Continue reading
GOLDEN GLOBES 2019: The High Water Mark for “Green Book” and “Bohemian Rhapsody,” or are they now the Oscar favorites?
The 76th Golden Globes are in the books, for what they’re worth. And they’ve honored this year’s “Driving Miss Daisy” “Can’t we all just get along?” movie about race, they prefer Queen to Bradley Cooper’s country and western and they’ve … Continue reading