Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2019
At a cabin in the mountains, six old friends get together to talk about the old times and drink a lot of shots as they do. But there’s a nut in a mask. With a knife. And a hammer. And … Continue reading
How did Groucho warn us? “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.” He wasn’t talking about fraternities, but he could have been. Those are words to live by. And when every frat … Continue reading
GOLDEN GLOBES 2019: The High Water Mark for “Green Book” and “Bohemian Rhapsody,” or are they now the Oscar favorites?
The 76th Golden Globes are in the books, for what they’re worth. And they’ve honored this year’s “Driving Miss Daisy” “Can’t we all just get along?” movie about race, they prefer Queen to Bradley Cooper’s country and western and they’ve … Continue reading