Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 10, 2019
Bryce Dallas Howard voices the doggy in this “Incredible Journey” knockoff. The author of “A Dog’s Purpose” wrote it, and reliable kids-and-animals director Charles Martin Smith (“A Dolphin’s Tale”) is behind the camera. Yeah, the trailer seems a tad insipid, … Continue reading
There’s something comforting in the way the ageing action star Jean-Claude Van Damme is wearing his years. He’s letting the mileage show, and not losing a lot of sleep about the fact that his punches aren’t what they once seemed … Continue reading
Preview, Netflix reunited Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo for a horrific spoof of the art biz — “Velvet Buzzsaw”
What’s great, worth going to see and buying? What’s hot in the art world, worth investing in? Whatever we tell you is, darling. “Velvet Buzzsaw” is a satiric thriller from Dan Gilroy (“Nightcrawler”) about a new “discovery,” already dead and … Continue reading
There’s nothing like the smell of a new multiplex. Every one I go into advances the state of the art, it seems, and some even improve the movie-going experience. A new Epic Theater where I live has all this digital … Continue reading
Kevin Hart’s got a movie that might have, at one time, been looked at as a “game changer” for him, to promote. “The Upside” was filmed a few years ago and is just now coming out at what has felt … Continue reading
Comics who take the easy, broad gags are said to be reaching for low-hanging fruit. Kevin Hart? He treats reachable, easy laughs like piñatas. He pounds the heck out of them. “The Upside” gives Hart the chance to check his … Continue reading