Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 10, 2019
Bryce Dallas Howard voices the doggy in this “Incredible Journey” knockoff. The author of “A Dog’s Purpose” wrote it, and reliable kids-and-animals director Charles Martin Smith (“A Dolphin’s Tale”) is behind the camera. Yeah, the trailer seems a tad insipid, … Continue reading
There’s something comforting in the way the ageing action star Jean-Claude Van Damme is wearing his years. He’s letting the mileage show, and not losing a lot of sleep about the fact that his punches aren’t what they once seemed … Continue reading
Preview, Netflix reunited Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo for a horrific spoof of the art biz — “Velvet Buzzsaw”
What’s great, worth going to see and buying? What’s hot in the art world, worth investing in? Whatever we tell you is, darling. “Velvet Buzzsaw” is a satiric thriller from Dan Gilroy (“Nightcrawler”) about a new “discovery,” already dead and … Continue reading
There’s nothing like the smell of a new multiplex. Every one I go into advances the state of the art, it seems, and some even improve the movie-going experience. A new Epic Theater where I live has all this digital … Continue reading
Kevin Hart’s got a movie that might have, at one time, been looked at as a “game changer” for him, to promote. “The Upside” was filmed a few years ago and is just now coming out at what has felt … Continue reading
Comics who take the easy, broad gags are said to be reaching for low-hanging fruit. Kevin Hart? He treats reachable, easy laughs like piñatas. He pounds the heck out of them. “The Upside” gives Hart the chance to check his … Continue reading