Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 3, 2019
Movie Review: The mystery isn’t so mysterious in “State Like Sleep”
“State Like Sleep” is a murder mystery without a lot of mystery to it, perhaps without even a “murder.” It’s a moody but somewhat empty and frustrating character study set mostly in Belgium in the aftermath of a rising film … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: The mystery isn’t so mysterious in “State Like Sleep”
Movie Review: Survival isn’t guaranteed on “Rust Creek”
“Rust Creek” is a classic 85 minute thriller in a 105 minute wrapper, a visceral enough hillbilly meth cooks take a hostage tale whose many sins might be corrected by pacing. It’s reasonably well thought-out and cast, but it’s slow. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Survival isn’t guaranteed on “Rust Creek”