Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 6, 2019
Movie Review: “Perfectos Desconocidos” (Perfect Strangers)
“Perfect Strangers,” or “Perfectos Desconocidos,” is a Mexican remake of an Italian dinner party gone wrong dramedy of the same title. There was also a 2017 Argentine version of this chatty, lightly corrosive riff on “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Perfectos Desconocidos” (Perfect Strangers)
Movie Review: The romantic despair of “If Beale Street Could Talk”
“If Beale Street Could Talk” is a movie that aches. There’s a romantic ache to the love affair at its heart, coupled with the pained despair of struggling against a racist system that has broken or bent generations that have … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: The romantic despair of “If Beale Street Could Talk”