Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2019
On first glance, Michael Franti seems so relentless upbeat he might make your teeth hurt. But he’s no Pollyanna. The singer-songwriter, with a battered guitar — Mama Brown — that Willie Nelson would admire, is an activist whose R & … Continue reading
The best action pic you’re going to see this January isn’t on the big screen. Well, depending on the size of your TV, it could be. It’s “Close,” a Netflix kidnapping thriller starring Noomi Rapace as an utter badass … Continue reading
It’s true. And it makes sense. Because, you know, it wasn’t all that. But go ahead, and give the Oscar to “Roma.” Which nobody will watch/remember either.
A plane crash in the frozen north, an injured young woman in mortal peril, Mads Mikkelson is her lone hope in this Feb. 1. release. I love films like this, one of my favorite genres. And as I’ve lived in … Continue reading
It’s unclear how much forethought M. Night Shyamalan gave to tying his “Unbreakable” anti-heroes to the multi-personality psychopath of “Split.” And asking him is pointless, because filmmakers lie. But the upshot of “Glass” is that parking James McAvoy‘s “Horde” of … Continue reading