Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: A French tennis never-quite-made it faces his career's "Final Set"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2019
On first glance, Michael Franti seems so relentless upbeat he might make your teeth hurt. But he’s no Pollyanna. The singer-songwriter, with a battered guitar — Mama Brown — that Willie Nelson would admire, is an activist whose R & … Continue reading
The best action pic you’re going to see this January isn’t on the big screen. Well, depending on the size of your TV, it could be. It’s “Close,” a Netflix kidnapping thriller starring Noomi Rapace as an utter badass … Continue reading
It’s true. And it makes sense. Because, you know, it wasn’t all that. But go ahead, and give the Oscar to “Roma.” Which nobody will watch/remember either.
A plane crash in the frozen north, an injured young woman in mortal peril, Mads Mikkelson is her lone hope in this Feb. 1. release. I love films like this, one of my favorite genres. And as I’ve lived in … Continue reading
It’s unclear how much forethought M. Night Shyamalan gave to tying his “Unbreakable” anti-heroes to the multi-personality psychopath of “Split.” And asking him is pointless, because filmmakers lie. But the upshot of “Glass” is that parking James McAvoy‘s “Horde” of … Continue reading