Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2019
On first glance, Michael Franti seems so relentless upbeat he might make your teeth hurt. But he’s no Pollyanna. The singer-songwriter, with a battered guitar — Mama Brown — that Willie Nelson would admire, is an activist whose R & … Continue reading
The best action pic you’re going to see this January isn’t on the big screen. Well, depending on the size of your TV, it could be. It’s “Close,” a Netflix kidnapping thriller starring Noomi Rapace as an utter badass … Continue reading
It’s true. And it makes sense. Because, you know, it wasn’t all that. But go ahead, and give the Oscar to “Roma.” Which nobody will watch/remember either.
A plane crash in the frozen north, an injured young woman in mortal peril, Mads Mikkelson is her lone hope in this Feb. 1. release. I love films like this, one of my favorite genres. And as I’ve lived in … Continue reading
It’s unclear how much forethought M. Night Shyamalan gave to tying his “Unbreakable” anti-heroes to the multi-personality psychopath of “Split.” And asking him is pointless, because filmmakers lie. But the upshot of “Glass” is that parking James McAvoy‘s “Horde” of … Continue reading