Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2019
We all have our beefs with Bill Maher. Check out his craven collapse into cowardliness when Julian Assange threatened him on live TV right before the 2016 election. But he’s not wrong on this “When I was a child…outgrow comic … Continue reading
All modern vampire tales are variations on an “addiction” allegory. The “victim” needs her or his “fix.” Even in the “Twilight” movies, that was what played out — Kristen Stewart was addicted to Robert Pattinson’s pale (literal) sparkle. “Painkillers” is … Continue reading
Sorry for the breathless hype headline. But here you are, so now that I’ve got your attention. Fox is setting up free showings of this Feb. blockbuster. Or what they hope will be a blockbuster. The screenings for this Valentine’s … Continue reading
It’s not the tried and true framework of romantic comedies that so many get wrong when they’re trying to film one. It’s the vital pieces of that frame — the characters, and who they hire to play them — and … Continue reading