Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2019
We all have our beefs with Bill Maher. Check out his craven collapse into cowardliness when Julian Assange threatened him on live TV right before the 2016 election. But he’s not wrong on this “When I was a child…outgrow comic … Continue reading
All modern vampire tales are variations on an “addiction” allegory. The “victim” needs her or his “fix.” Even in the “Twilight” movies, that was what played out — Kristen Stewart was addicted to Robert Pattinson’s pale (literal) sparkle. “Painkillers” is … Continue reading
Sorry for the breathless hype headline. But here you are, so now that I’ve got your attention. Fox is setting up free showings of this Feb. blockbuster. Or what they hope will be a blockbuster. The screenings for this Valentine’s … Continue reading
It’s not the tried and true framework of romantic comedies that so many get wrong when they’re trying to film one. It’s the vital pieces of that frame — the characters, and who they hire to play them — and … Continue reading