Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2019
We all have our beefs with Bill Maher. Check out his craven collapse into cowardliness when Julian Assange threatened him on live TV right before the 2016 election. But he’s not wrong on this “When I was a child…outgrow comic … Continue reading
All modern vampire tales are variations on an “addiction” allegory. The “victim” needs her or his “fix.” Even in the “Twilight” movies, that was what played out — Kristen Stewart was addicted to Robert Pattinson’s pale (literal) sparkle. “Painkillers” is … Continue reading
Sorry for the breathless hype headline. But here you are, so now that I’ve got your attention. Fox is setting up free showings of this Feb. blockbuster. Or what they hope will be a blockbuster. The screenings for this Valentine’s … Continue reading
It’s not the tried and true framework of romantic comedies that so many get wrong when they’re trying to film one. It’s the vital pieces of that frame — the characters, and who they hire to play them — and … Continue reading