Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 4, 2019
He speaks in a dry, faintly effeminate monotone. And he speaks a lot. Guys who narrate their lives with an endless interior monologue do that. Jobe “with an ‘e,’” “not the Biblical figure” lives and works in Manhattan, a 30something … Continue reading
If you like British romances, with British puns and a pug, consider “Patrick,” which is being pitched as “Pug Actually” in the trailers. “Patrick” stars Beattie Edmondson (“Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie”) as the lovelorn and somewhat overwhelmed new teacher Sarah, … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: See “The Vanishing,” skip “Escape Room” even though all the money is going to “Aquaman”
Another big weekend for Warners’ “Aquaman,” which should dominate the box office until “Glass” opens and Oscar nominations give “Mary Poppins Returns” a boost. Box Office Mojo figures another $26 million will be added to the DC comic book hero’s … Continue reading
“The craftsmanship in here is just terrifying!” one wag declares in “Escape Room,” a line perhaps meant to flatter the director or the screenwriters. He’s talking about the production design, the intricate clockwork puzzle “rooms” that six strangers must reason … Continue reading