Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 4, 2019
He speaks in a dry, faintly effeminate monotone. And he speaks a lot. Guys who narrate their lives with an endless interior monologue do that. Jobe “with an ‘e,’” “not the Biblical figure” lives and works in Manhattan, a 30something … Continue reading
If you like British romances, with British puns and a pug, consider “Patrick,” which is being pitched as “Pug Actually” in the trailers. “Patrick” stars Beattie Edmondson (“Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie”) as the lovelorn and somewhat overwhelmed new teacher Sarah, … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: See “The Vanishing,” skip “Escape Room” even though all the money is going to “Aquaman”
Another big weekend for Warners’ “Aquaman,” which should dominate the box office until “Glass” opens and Oscar nominations give “Mary Poppins Returns” a boost. Box Office Mojo figures another $26 million will be added to the DC comic book hero’s … Continue reading
“The craftsmanship in here is just terrifying!” one wag declares in “Escape Room,” a line perhaps meant to flatter the director or the screenwriters. He’s talking about the production design, the intricate clockwork puzzle “rooms” that six strangers must reason … Continue reading