Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 4, 2019
Movie Review: Not much point in taking a trip to “Jobe’z World”
He speaks in a dry, faintly effeminate monotone. And he speaks a lot. Guys who narrate their lives with an endless interior monologue do that. Jobe “with an ‘e,’” “not the Biblical figure” lives and works in Manhattan, a 30something … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Not much point in taking a trip to “Jobe’z World”
Preview, A pug plugs a hole in the heart of the lovelorn in “Patrick”
If you like British romances, with British puns and a pug, consider “Patrick,” which is being pitched as “Pug Actually” in the trailers. “Patrick” stars Beattie Edmondson (“Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie”) as the lovelorn and somewhat overwhelmed new teacher Sarah, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, A pug plugs a hole in the heart of the lovelorn in “Patrick”
WEEKEND MOVIES: See “The Vanishing,” skip “Escape Room” even though all the money is going to “Aquaman”
Another big weekend for Warners’ “Aquaman,” which should dominate the box office until “Glass” opens and Oscar nominations give “Mary Poppins Returns” a boost. Box Office Mojo figures another $26 million will be added to the DC comic book hero’s … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Escape Room”
“The craftsmanship in here is just terrifying!” one wag declares in “Escape Room,” a line perhaps meant to flatter the director or the screenwriters. He’s talking about the production design, the intricate clockwork puzzle “rooms” that six strangers must reason … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Escape Room”