Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 20, 2018
Movies in the streaming era have to meet one very basic requirement for a film buff. Are they worth sitting through, start to finish? All this choice among services, all those titles on inventory. Why waste more than 15 minutes … Continue reading
Meant to post this a few days ago, but in any event… Pixar’s mining one of its richest veins by returning to this franchise. Listen for the voices of Samuel L. and Bob Oedenkirk in this one. And Holly Hunter … Continue reading
Warners has been previewing this for a few weeks. Not sure if they’ve been showing it to critics in other markets earlier, but there were no posted reviews on “Game Night” last time I checked Metacritic and RT. From the … Continue reading