Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2018
Yeah, it feels like an epic episode of “Broad City,” or maybe “Portlandia.” A “Saturday Night Live” sketch run amok. But this comedy from New Zealand has maybe four out-loud laughs, JUST in the trailer. The folks who brought us … Continue reading
A Budapest abattoir makes the unlikely backdrop to romance in “On Body and Soul,” Hungary’s best foreign language film contender at next month’s Academy Awards. Equal parts cryptic and disturbing, Ildikó Enyedi’s film pairs up two lonely souls — an older … Continue reading
What does it take for a chef, a restaurant, to earn that coveted “Michelin star?” Attention to detail, fanatical care put into every stage of food preparation — from recipe experimentation to produce and meat selections — insane hours, ridiculous … Continue reading