Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2018
Yeah, it feels like an epic episode of “Broad City,” or maybe “Portlandia.” A “Saturday Night Live” sketch run amok. But this comedy from New Zealand has maybe four out-loud laughs, JUST in the trailer. The folks who brought us … Continue reading
A Budapest abattoir makes the unlikely backdrop to romance in “On Body and Soul,” Hungary’s best foreign language film contender at next month’s Academy Awards. Equal parts cryptic and disturbing, Ildikó Enyedi’s film pairs up two lonely souls — an older … Continue reading
What does it take for a chef, a restaurant, to earn that coveted “Michelin star?” Attention to detail, fanatical care put into every stage of food preparation — from recipe experimentation to produce and meat selections — insane hours, ridiculous … Continue reading