Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: No Lie, "Lie Hard" is excruciatingly bad
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2018
Yeah, it feels like an epic episode of “Broad City,” or maybe “Portlandia.” A “Saturday Night Live” sketch run amok. But this comedy from New Zealand has maybe four out-loud laughs, JUST in the trailer. The folks who brought us … Continue reading
A Budapest abattoir makes the unlikely backdrop to romance in “On Body and Soul,” Hungary’s best foreign language film contender at next month’s Academy Awards. Equal parts cryptic and disturbing, Ildikó Enyedi’s film pairs up two lonely souls — an older … Continue reading
What does it take for a chef, a restaurant, to earn that coveted “Michelin star?” Attention to detail, fanatical care put into every stage of food preparation — from recipe experimentation to produce and meat selections — insane hours, ridiculous … Continue reading