Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2018
Yeah, it feels like an epic episode of “Broad City,” or maybe “Portlandia.” A “Saturday Night Live” sketch run amok. But this comedy from New Zealand has maybe four out-loud laughs, JUST in the trailer. The folks who brought us … Continue reading
A Budapest abattoir makes the unlikely backdrop to romance in “On Body and Soul,” Hungary’s best foreign language film contender at next month’s Academy Awards. Equal parts cryptic and disturbing, Ildikó Enyedi’s film pairs up two lonely souls — an older … Continue reading
What does it take for a chef, a restaurant, to earn that coveted “Michelin star?” Attention to detail, fanatical care put into every stage of food preparation — from recipe experimentation to produce and meat selections — insane hours, ridiculous … Continue reading