Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2018
Yeah, it feels like an epic episode of “Broad City,” or maybe “Portlandia.” A “Saturday Night Live” sketch run amok. But this comedy from New Zealand has maybe four out-loud laughs, JUST in the trailer. The folks who brought us … Continue reading
A Budapest abattoir makes the unlikely backdrop to romance in “On Body and Soul,” Hungary’s best foreign language film contender at next month’s Academy Awards. Equal parts cryptic and disturbing, Ildikó Enyedi’s film pairs up two lonely souls — an older … Continue reading
What does it take for a chef, a restaurant, to earn that coveted “Michelin star?” Attention to detail, fanatical care put into every stage of food preparation — from recipe experimentation to produce and meat selections — insane hours, ridiculous … Continue reading