Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2018
OK, Jordan Peele’s being disingenuous. He’s getting Universal to put his film phenomenon of last spring into theaters for one night only to gin up more Oscar momentum. But it’s to “celebrate” and “thank” fans who made his sharp little … Continue reading
A digitized genetically altered ape co-stars in this. Dwayne Johnson’s just starred in a global “Jumanji” blockbuster. a movie that outlasted “The Last Jedi” on movie screens over this long winter. And he’s got the “Skyscraper” “Die Hard” variation and … Continue reading
Africa saves “Black Panther,” Marvel’s Black History Month gift to Afro-centric fangirl and fanboydom. Africanness defines it and sets it apart from the many comic book adaptations that preceded it. And that’s a necessary distinction, because these Marvel marvels aren’t … Continue reading