Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2018
OK, Jordan Peele’s being disingenuous. He’s getting Universal to put his film phenomenon of last spring into theaters for one night only to gin up more Oscar momentum. But it’s to “celebrate” and “thank” fans who made his sharp little … Continue reading
A digitized genetically altered ape co-stars in this. Dwayne Johnson’s just starred in a global “Jumanji” blockbuster. a movie that outlasted “The Last Jedi” on movie screens over this long winter. And he’s got the “Skyscraper” “Die Hard” variation and … Continue reading
Africa saves “Black Panther,” Marvel’s Black History Month gift to Afro-centric fangirl and fanboydom. Africanness defines it and sets it apart from the many comic book adaptations that preceded it. And that’s a necessary distinction, because these Marvel marvels aren’t … Continue reading