Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2018
Since time immemorial, or at least since 1978’s “The Driver,” getaway drivers in the movies have been portrayed one way — stoic, silent, professional, guys with a “code.” Often, they don’t have real names. They’re just “The Driver” or “Baby … Continue reading
I take no pleasure, none, in tracking the downward spiral of the Great John Cusack‘s big screen career. Nicolas Cage either. Katherine Heigl and Steven Seagal? Sure. I mean, I’m human. But Cusack’s decline to “black baseball cap” roles in … Continue reading
So, is every critic in the world seeing this controversial and supposedly smart sci-fi thriller tonight? Or at least this afternoon? Nah. Showed it in NYC last night, or earlier, apparently. A few reviews on Metacritic or RT. Withholding access … Continue reading
Burt Reynolds plays a more humble version of himself in this A24 release, playing a past-retirement-age fossil who once owned the box office and the public’s heart reduced to showing up at a film festival (Ariel Winter plays his handler, … Continue reading
First of all, do NOT try this at home. If somebody suggests “Let’s kick ‘Game Night’ UP a notch,” change the subject. Maybe suggest a nice sophomoric drinking game instead. And at the first mention of “You know what I … Continue reading