Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2018
Since time immemorial, or at least since 1978’s “The Driver,” getaway drivers in the movies have been portrayed one way — stoic, silent, professional, guys with a “code.” Often, they don’t have real names. They’re just “The Driver” or “Baby … Continue reading
I take no pleasure, none, in tracking the downward spiral of the Great John Cusack‘s big screen career. Nicolas Cage either. Katherine Heigl and Steven Seagal? Sure. I mean, I’m human. But Cusack’s decline to “black baseball cap” roles in … Continue reading
So, is every critic in the world seeing this controversial and supposedly smart sci-fi thriller tonight? Or at least this afternoon? Nah. Showed it in NYC last night, or earlier, apparently. A few reviews on Metacritic or RT. Withholding access … Continue reading
Burt Reynolds plays a more humble version of himself in this A24 release, playing a past-retirement-age fossil who once owned the box office and the public’s heart reduced to showing up at a film festival (Ariel Winter plays his handler, … Continue reading
First of all, do NOT try this at home. If somebody suggests “Let’s kick ‘Game Night’ UP a notch,” change the subject. Maybe suggest a nice sophomoric drinking game instead. And at the first mention of “You know what I … Continue reading