Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2018
Since time immemorial, or at least since 1978’s “The Driver,” getaway drivers in the movies have been portrayed one way — stoic, silent, professional, guys with a “code.” Often, they don’t have real names. They’re just “The Driver” or “Baby … Continue reading
I take no pleasure, none, in tracking the downward spiral of the Great John Cusack‘s big screen career. Nicolas Cage either. Katherine Heigl and Steven Seagal? Sure. I mean, I’m human. But Cusack’s decline to “black baseball cap” roles in … Continue reading
So, is every critic in the world seeing this controversial and supposedly smart sci-fi thriller tonight? Or at least this afternoon? Nah. Showed it in NYC last night, or earlier, apparently. A few reviews on Metacritic or RT. Withholding access … Continue reading
Burt Reynolds plays a more humble version of himself in this A24 release, playing a past-retirement-age fossil who once owned the box office and the public’s heart reduced to showing up at a film festival (Ariel Winter plays his handler, … Continue reading
First of all, do NOT try this at home. If somebody suggests “Let’s kick ‘Game Night’ UP a notch,” change the subject. Maybe suggest a nice sophomoric drinking game instead. And at the first mention of “You know what I … Continue reading