Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2018
Since time immemorial, or at least since 1978’s “The Driver,” getaway drivers in the movies have been portrayed one way — stoic, silent, professional, guys with a “code.” Often, they don’t have real names. They’re just “The Driver” or “Baby … Continue reading
I take no pleasure, none, in tracking the downward spiral of the Great John Cusack‘s big screen career. Nicolas Cage either. Katherine Heigl and Steven Seagal? Sure. I mean, I’m human. But Cusack’s decline to “black baseball cap” roles in … Continue reading
So, is every critic in the world seeing this controversial and supposedly smart sci-fi thriller tonight? Or at least this afternoon? Nah. Showed it in NYC last night, or earlier, apparently. A few reviews on Metacritic or RT. Withholding access … Continue reading
Burt Reynolds plays a more humble version of himself in this A24 release, playing a past-retirement-age fossil who once owned the box office and the public’s heart reduced to showing up at a film festival (Ariel Winter plays his handler, … Continue reading
First of all, do NOT try this at home. If somebody suggests “Let’s kick ‘Game Night’ UP a notch,” change the subject. Maybe suggest a nice sophomoric drinking game instead. And at the first mention of “You know what I … Continue reading