Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2018
Reporters tried to get Uma Thurman to talk about Harvey Weinstein and the whole Miramax Sexual Assaultworks last fall, when all this stuff came out. But no. Ms. Thurman would not bite. The seething “No comment” didn’t mean she wouldn’t … Continue reading
When I got my ticket for “Winchester” Thursday night at the Regal Winter Park Village 20, long established as Orlando’s finest movie complex, I was hardly an audience of one. The film’s first showing played to about a one third … Continue reading
If you want to get your romantic comedy in front of the camera, you need a hook, a conceit that will sell it. It takes an experienced filmmaker, and a brave one, to abandon a treasured conceit when it becomes … Continue reading
There are hard and fast rules to submarine thrillers. A gauge — any gauge — has to stick and somebody has to tap it to get it to work. Everybody thinks it, but SOMEbody’s got to actually say “I’m not … Continue reading