Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2018
Reporters tried to get Uma Thurman to talk about Harvey Weinstein and the whole Miramax Sexual Assaultworks last fall, when all this stuff came out. But no. Ms. Thurman would not bite. The seething “No comment” didn’t mean she wouldn’t … Continue reading
When I got my ticket for “Winchester” Thursday night at the Regal Winter Park Village 20, long established as Orlando’s finest movie complex, I was hardly an audience of one. The film’s first showing played to about a one third … Continue reading
If you want to get your romantic comedy in front of the camera, you need a hook, a conceit that will sell it. It takes an experienced filmmaker, and a brave one, to abandon a treasured conceit when it becomes … Continue reading
There are hard and fast rules to submarine thrillers. A gauge — any gauge — has to stick and somebody has to tap it to get it to work. Everybody thinks it, but SOMEbody’s got to actually say “I’m not … Continue reading