Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 5, 2018
These back-engineered “Star Wars” movies seem to have more promise than whatever direction Disney is taking the main post-Skywalker storyline. To me, at least. Back engineering Harrison Ford? Trickier. “Solo: A Star Wars Story” has an interesting cast, familiar action … Continue reading
More dinosaurs, the hint of “science” creating a “new” species, even deadlier, more Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, more young folks in peril. And Toby Jones. But no…Jeff…Goldblum.
No, Tom Cruise is not getting “too old for this s—.” Alec Baldwin, Angela Bassett, Ving, Simon…yeah. Henry Cavill as a villain? I buy it.