Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
- Movie Review: Big names don't quite rescue "Mothers and Daughters"
- Netflixable? "The Lift Boy" is stuck on the (sentimental) ground floor
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 5, 2018
These back-engineered “Star Wars” movies seem to have more promise than whatever direction Disney is taking the main post-Skywalker storyline. To me, at least. Back engineering Harrison Ford? Trickier. “Solo: A Star Wars Story” has an interesting cast, familiar action … Continue reading
More dinosaurs, the hint of “science” creating a “new” species, even deadlier, more Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, more young folks in peril. And Toby Jones. But no…Jeff…Goldblum.
No, Tom Cruise is not getting “too old for this s—.” Alec Baldwin, Angela Bassett, Ving, Simon…yeah. Henry Cavill as a villain? I buy it.