Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2018
In 1980, Arab terrorists took over the Iranian Embassy in London and threatened to kill them if their comrades weren’t freed from The Islamic Republic’s prisons. It was a situation fraught with tension and suspense, largely covered live on British … Continue reading
The definitive portrait of Pablo Escobar — monstrous, murderous “Robin Hood” of the Cocaine Wars — just might be one that stars the husband and wife Oscar winners Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem. Throw in Peter Sarsgaard as the American … Continue reading
This fall — November to be closer to the mark — “Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Wrecks the Internet” promises to be a little more adult, a little less slapsticky, a lot less sentimental. Cannot tell from this trailer if … Continue reading
Isabelle Huppert enjoyed her decade as “French Screen Siren of the Moment” in the years between Catherine Deneuve and Juliette Binoche. A formidable dramatic actress, the definitive “Madame Bovary,” she was Oscar-nominated for “Elle,” should have been nominated for “Bovary” … Continue reading
“The Vanishing of Sidney Hall” presents the viewer with a dilemma. Is Logan Lerman less convincing as yet another sensitive, smart high school romantic determined to be a writer, as that writer in his late 20s, in writerly … Continue reading