Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 25, 2018
Hollywood’s assorted guilds are handing out their peer-recognized best work over the past year in film and TV. And today it was the Hair and Makeup Stylists who honored “The Crown” and “Feud” and “American Horror Story” and “Big Little … Continue reading
You hear the motor-sailor’s rigging groan, every squeak and metallic bend in the Spitfire, the muted pounding of a pilot trying to break his canopy and escape his sinking airplane, you feel the automatic weapons rounds thump against the hull … Continue reading
Preview: Don’t let Karl Urban and Sofia Vergara’s “Bent” sneak into theaters before seeing this trailer!
Seriously. It’s opening March 9, first I’ve heard of it. I dare say it’s the first you have as well. Because it’s a Florida crime tale — Andy Garcia has a supporting role — and will probably only earn limited … Continue reading
Was there ever a more British title for a period piece romance than this? “On Chesil Beach” suggests…not much of a beach at all, gloomy skies, tennis “at the club,” and Humber motorcars delivering one and all to a quaint … Continue reading
Here’s an unusual take on the post-Rodney King verdict, a foster parent trying to keep a house full of black kids indoors after the original “Black Lives Matter” moment — the police “wilding” assault on motorist Rodney King — with … Continue reading