Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 25, 2018
Hollywood’s assorted guilds are handing out their peer-recognized best work over the past year in film and TV. And today it was the Hair and Makeup Stylists who honored “The Crown” and “Feud” and “American Horror Story” and “Big Little … Continue reading
You hear the motor-sailor’s rigging groan, every squeak and metallic bend in the Spitfire, the muted pounding of a pilot trying to break his canopy and escape his sinking airplane, you feel the automatic weapons rounds thump against the hull … Continue reading
Preview: Don’t let Karl Urban and Sofia Vergara’s “Bent” sneak into theaters before seeing this trailer!
Seriously. It’s opening March 9, first I’ve heard of it. I dare say it’s the first you have as well. Because it’s a Florida crime tale — Andy Garcia has a supporting role — and will probably only earn limited … Continue reading
Was there ever a more British title for a period piece romance than this? “On Chesil Beach” suggests…not much of a beach at all, gloomy skies, tennis “at the club,” and Humber motorcars delivering one and all to a quaint … Continue reading
Here’s an unusual take on the post-Rodney King verdict, a foster parent trying to keep a house full of black kids indoors after the original “Black Lives Matter” moment — the police “wilding” assault on motorist Rodney King — with … Continue reading