Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2018
Movie Review: Film masters the gloomy tone, but dispenses with the suspense of impending “Annihilation”
A fundamental rule of thrillers is that you can’t give away too much too early and still expect anybody to hang on the tenterhooks of suspense. “Annihilation,” the screen adaptation of Jeff VanderMeer’s alien infestation novel, almost has enough … Continue reading