Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2018
Movie Review: Film masters the gloomy tone, but dispenses with the suspense of impending “Annihilation”
A fundamental rule of thrillers is that you can’t give away too much too early and still expect anybody to hang on the tenterhooks of suspense. “Annihilation,” the screen adaptation of Jeff VanderMeer’s alien infestation novel, almost has enough … Continue reading