Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg's fighting and recalling past lives in "Infinite"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2018
Movie Review: Film masters the gloomy tone, but dispenses with the suspense of impending “Annihilation”
A fundamental rule of thrillers is that you can’t give away too much too early and still expect anybody to hang on the tenterhooks of suspense. “Annihilation,” the screen adaptation of Jeff VanderMeer’s alien infestation novel, almost has enough … Continue reading